Teaching English - A Brief Approach

In this post I am writing a brief composition about my approach so far when teaching English. I think teaching effectively is one of the most difficult taks. I think it is very important to use linguistic immersion, because it is a very effective way for students to acquire language easily. At first, it may seem not really useful, because students feel they don't get anything, but at the end of the course they result to be more proficient than the students who are not into immersion programmes. On the other hand, I would like to teach English with real context material. I don't like the way English lessons are organized within our system, so I would like to use real materials from newspapers or articles (reading), updated videos (listening), real context situations (speaking) and useful material related to real context (grammar and vocabulary). I consider it is important to use interesting materials to motivate our students behaviour towards language. Moreover, I would like to use literature because I believe reading is a very useful activity to acquire language in the early stages of learners. We can use adapted versions of books or real books if they are ready to do that. Literature is worth studying because it teaches values and very useful content related to the countries where we the target language is spoken. In any case, acquiring language is the most effective way to become proficient, and motivation is a key feature in students.


Cheers

Comentarios